After receiving some important feedback from customers and doing my own testing, I would like to offer some guidance on the types of notebooks and tablets that fit inside the First Edition A5 Size (7in by 9in) Notebook Folio. This is the slim version of the folio as there will be a wider folio coming soon to accomodate other, wider and hardcover notebooks like the Leuchtturm1917.
First, the following notebooks have been tested and pictured to show their fit. Above is our own notebook in Blueprint Blue. As this is a modular design it also can accommodate the following notebooks:
- Original Content Books Notebooks - A5 (5.75 x 8.25in)
- Moleskine Soft Cover - Large (5 x 8.25in)
- Moleskin Cahier - Large (5 x 8.25in)
- Code & Quill - Traveler (5.5 x 7.7in)
- Maruman Mnemosyne Notebook A5 (6.25 x 8.25in)
- Hatch Notebook - A5 (5.75 x 8.25in)
- Mead Planners - (6 x 8.5in)
The second issue that has been identified from early testing is that the tablet clips need to be adjusted in the second manufacturing run. Until that time however, some clever customers discovered that the clips can be turned around and hold the iPad mini. Here is the closeup of the clips like this.
Here is a list of the notebooks that currently do not fit in the 'slim' notebook folio:
- Leuchtturm1979 Hardcover - Medium (A5, 249 pages)
- Rhodia Webnotebooks - Desk size
- Code & Quill - Origin
- Whitelines - Hardcover A5
- Baron Fig - Confidant
- Evernote Notebooks Hard Cover - Large
- Commit30 - 2017 Notebooks
I will be working with my manufacturer over the next few weeks to get the updated folios adjusted, but in the meantime, if you have a folio already, please let me know if you have any additional feedback. Thank you!